Over the last 24 hours, I’ve made some notable changes to the blog to try and improve it’s looks and usability:
- Removed some of the information shown about the post area on both the home screen and the single post view. This is to try and tidy up and streamline the post reading area. The information I’ve removed is the categories and post author.
- Relocated the comments button from the top of each post to the bottom.
- Increased the spacing between the bottom of one post and the top of the next one.
All posts and comments written by me on the blog will now report (past and future) as richardjgreen instead of the old daddygreen. This is an effort to consolidate my social network efforts into one entity. I’ve also updated my profile picture on all of my social outlets to something a bid more modern looking.
From this, I have now installed a new WordPress plug-in called TweetMeMe which shows a green tweet button on each post allowing you to retweet anything I blog with super ease and this plug-in is very common on other tech blogs so it’s well known and trusted.
I’ve also updated the blog version to the latest version of WordPress code as well as increasing the number of my tweets shown from four to five.
If anyone spots any news bugs or issues or has a any great ideas and visual elements I could add or improve on the site then I’m all ears.