Metro is a theme for WordPress. It is inspired by Windows Phone 7 utiziling styling and design concepts from the Metro UI as also seen in Zune and the latest Xbox 360 Dashboard.
Originally written for WordPress 2.8, and then adapted for WordPress 3.0 and 3.3 as I have upgraded my own blog. The theme uses none of the trick functionality in the later releases of WordPress making it entirely compatible with older versions too.
- Admin Options Page for configuring the theme colour and integration components
- Choice of 10 different colours using the exact hexdecimal colour codes used in Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Optional viewer selectable theme colour through alternative CSS stylesheets
- Twitter and LinkedIn integration into the core theme
- Internet Explorer 9 Pinned Site Jump List support
- Static links for your Twitter, LinkedIn and blog site pages
- Dynamic links for recent posts
- Dark and Light base colour selection
I am still finishing the development of the theme, however I aim to have it completed and published in the WordPress Theme Directory during 2012. Once the theme is complete and published, I will continue to develop it for my own purposes and as I improve it, I will keep the updates coming to the public too.